शनिवार, 1 अगस्त 2020

Kirti Bhatt- A beautiful voice of Rajasthan (भाग-1)


कीर्ति -1

कीर्ति 2
Introduction to a Land of Music

We had been in search for singers to represent the State of Rajasthan for a long time. There is no land better described from India that can claim more dance and music forms than Rajasthan. Thus, the Great state of Rajasthan had produced a number of folk artists who came to fame nationally. A very rich tradition of folk music and unique dance associated music is what makes this state so interesting. Although, it is not the main intent to write a comprehensive account of origins of unique styles of music from the state, we can not to go without mentioning many unique forms of dance and music from this region. The list is long yet, to name major styles Ghoomar, Bhavai dance, Kalbelia, Chari (Pot dance), Dandiya, Kachhi Ghodi, Terah Taal, Gair, Fire dance, Katputli, Pabuji Ki Phah, Maand and Panihari are major forms. All are some sort of dancing with unique music to go with it.
कीर्ति 4
To think about the major reasons behind the origins of many art forms from Rajasthan we may have to know the 
geography of the land. The beautiful long stretches of dry land and a merciless dry weather, long sunny days provide an ideal place for human mind to find unique ways of entertaining . The great nomadic tribes settled in small villages around the western Rajasthan and great Thar desert itself are probably the regions of the state that maintain many styles of music. Langas and Manganiyars are excellent musicians whose lyrics arise from their own life styles and stories. The songs are orally transferred through many generations and are a wealth that India have to take proper actions to preserve asap.
कीर्ति भट्ट 3
As a style, almost all singers try to sing very throaty with high pitch for most part. The unique instruments that accompany musicians are very much in the style of Gypsy culture. ‘Kamaicha‘ is one of the earliest known bowed instruments of the world that belong to Rajasthani musicians. It is made of mango wood, fourteen steel strings and three strings of goat’s intestine and is played with a horse-haired bow. Here, we like to display this instrument for our readers. The following video will take our readers to a world of music of Rajasthan which we all are immersed in and was waiting to write about. So many emotions. DO LISTEN

For many nomadic tribes, music was a form of livelihood for generations. The kings and rich of the land, loved these nomadic tribe music and nurtured them for generations. Thus, mastering the folk music (all of them are based on Raagas) could lead to a very lucrative career. Must say, music is interwoven into the culture fabric of Rajasthani life more than any other state of India.

Sakar Khan’s efforts (1938-2013) brought the Rajasthani music to the Western World

Thanks to Kirti Bhatt who made this feature possible and was enthusiastically helped to write this short write-up of the music of Rajasthan. She herself knew some of Marvadi traditions and sung a beautiful Rajasthani folk song for all of us. Introducing Kirti Bhatt, who bring all that fine singing traditions of Rajasthan to Smule, for all our audience.

Kirti Bhatt

Please tell us about yourself
“My name is Kitty (Kirti) Bhatt). I’m married with two children and have been living in England for last seventeen years. As profession, I am a property manager and a proud homemaker.”
“Although I was born in Vrindavan (Uttar Pradesh), almost all of my life I lived in Rajasthan and a proud Rajasthani. It was a marriage that brought me to England. I left U.P. at about age 3 to 4 yrs. As for my education I have a degree in Science from the premium higher education institute of Rajasthan, Modi College; but somehow I never took science as profession.”
Please talk about the traditional songs and folk art of Rajasthan. There is no land described as full of colors, folk art, beautiful sand dunes, camels, legends and kings in an entire India.
As a dance form I grew up seeing a lot of Ghoomer style; it is the folk songs from the region Marvaad is special called Marvadi style singing. Kirti have sung a couple of Marvadi songs for us (see one embedded above) and it was amazing”
Youngsters in the state are interested in folk music? Who are your favorite folk artists from the region?
Rekha Rao, She is amazing and very popular. For a long time Ila Arun had been extremely popular in Bollywood circles. Currently, everyone is talking about “Mame Khan“, he is from Jaislamar and his style of singing seems to be a fine blend of sufi and folk.” Read, a special feature releasing along with Kirti’s feature, describing the current Rajasthani folk scene.
A brief description of your growing up and your destiny with music
“My father was in an Orchestra group. He used to bring a massive Keyboard home to practice; which I was always fascinated with. I myself can play keyboard and harmonium. I used to play The National Anthem in my School assemblies every day. At home, I was brought up listening to Lataji’s songs on the radio and television. Thanks to my Mum, as she is a huge fan of Lata ji too. I myself is also a hands down hard core Lataji fan.”
I have to also mention the role played by my Nanni (Grandma); she taught me music first, and she is my first teacher introduced harmonium.”
Are you a trained in classical music?
“I have never taken any lessons, but I have the ability to listen to any song and play without music. I’ve neither taken any formal music lessons nor went to any class.”
So what is your take on India’s Classical music ?
“Classic music is everything. There is a reason why It’s been called “Classic”. One can’t go wrong with a good old classic music… I like all sorts of music, be it Classic or modern. Unfortunately, we don’t get to listen to such numbers in this era. If modern and rap is like the cherry on top, then classical is the base of it. A BIG HARD BASE, which is lacking nowadays. They both go hand in hand. The Music Industry desperately needs it when making a good music and I think this is as simple as it is. I studied or not importance of raags for India’s all music branches are obvious.”

What are your impressions about Smule experience?
“It was my cousin, who introduced it to me first. I did not know how to use the mic properly etc. Soon I learned how to record my own songs and now I am using Smule for more than five years and love the freedom to make my own music at my free time and have people listen and join me. All these possibilities on Smule helped me to show my talent to the world. More to it helped me find myself, I didn’t know that I had so much music within me, which I‘ll be grateful for my lifetime.”





कीर्ति 5
Do you think lyrics are important? Yes or no why?
“I feel that if one can not feel the words while singing, one certainly can’t relate to the song. This is the reason I can’t even dare to attempt certain songs as they bring tears as I start singing. Lyrics are the life of any song. Every song tells a message, that one can live by just following the messages it conveys. All great songs are conveyed a life lesson.”
What is your take on India’s pop music? And new trends?
When it comes to “Pop songs” I definitely recall the 90’s era. It was magical to some extent but personally I’ve never been a big fan of pop songs. However, I do like to listen to some catchy songs while driving but not pop definitely. Same goes with Raps and stuff, not a huge fan.
What is music to you?
Music is mainly a relaxation to me. There is something in good music. It makes me calm when I’m listening to Mukesh ji’s songs, it makes me dance when it comes to Rafi saab, Kishore da songs take me somewhere to that glorious era and Lata ji is like a Ma Saraswati herself and I go completely speechless here.
Where do you want to go from here in five years?
“I didn’t know this answer before I joined Smule. But now I do. As Some of you call me “Junior Lata ji”, I would like to take an opportunity to give Lataji’s voice to the Modern Music Industry and want to take her name /music to the next generation. We can’t lose her She’s a Legendary singer and will always be.”
Here is a small collection songs from Kirti’s profile on Smule. It is an amazing vocal power and singing ability displayed here. Listen to her.
Let us begin from a prayer to Lord Ganesha through this song titled “GanNayakaya”. Listen to her vocals. Kirti is a naturally blessed talent. Excellent singing throughout. Ohm, Sri Mahaaganaadhipataye Namaha.

This one Kirti made for the blog feature exclusively. This is one of the timeless Lataji’s class act reproduced here as a solo by Kirti.

Tum Aa Gaye Ho Noor Aa Gaya Hai | Lata Mangeshkar, Kishore Kumar | Aandhi 1975| Old is gold. Kirti never came in front of the camera before, for an invite and she did this invite on video for us. It is a beautiful one. Enjoy Kirti the amazing singer.



It is seriously all about Kirti’s excellent singing. She would not have been here if not for her excellent singing abilities. Hear an excellent version in Kirti’s voice 2003 film music “Mere Maula Karam“,originally sung Richa Sharma, Kailash Kher Movie Khakhee. A strong controlled singing with a naturally flawless singing talent is evident in each and every song picked for this feature.






Dard se mera Daman is a very rare beutiful song between Jagjith Singh and Lataji. SO PROFOUND IS THE LYRICS OF THIS SONG. it stood decades test and still considered one of the best of Lata Mangeshkar’s best songs.It is an album song not many have tried; this is a poetry written by Qateel Shifai. He is a Pakistani ghazal poet gone through a lot of difficulties before find some success in writing lyrics for films. If you carefully listen to its lyrics style, you can see a text book style of lyrics of a Ghazal
Kirti is  ardent singer of yesterdays. She have a real talent to sing some of our Hindi Classics to perfection . This is from Movie: Anjaana, Song: Rimjhim Ke Geet Saawan Gaaye original sung by Mohd.Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar Lyrics: Anand Bakshi and time less music director: Laxmikant Pyarelal.
Song Ajnabi Kaun Ho Tum | Sweekar Kiya Maine, an old classic by Lataji. As Kirti says always she is an ardent fan of Lata Mangeshkar. Sure she is and is a great one who can definitely say she has spent a lot of time listen to the originals to reproduce a beautiful version here.

END NOTES
This is a time to reflect upon our mission to bring a representation of every state from India who sing on Smule app. This conquest is not done at a compromise to the quality of the singer for sure. We had spent hours of listening to singers from this state and spread the word to peers to look for prospective singers. Our pillar support groups from eastern states had been a monumental effort group of music listeners whose music tastes had been the reason behind such discovery of singers like Kirti. Can not stop thanking the pillar support of some friends behind here. A big thanks, you guys are the best.
Knowing Kirti, throughout the process of interviewing was a refreshing experience. She come on the phone line from her London home it is one or other news how she is a busy mother to her two children. Really enjoyed knowing such a sweet heart friend, a great mother and above all an outstanding singer of excellence. Hope you all enjoyed knowing her singing through this feature and do visit her Smule Profile here and follow her and listen, join her invites.



कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें